Boone County Through the Years
Columbia 1919 on Broadway
The second courthouse was built in 1847. This building measured 84 by 51 feet and faced south. The four 30-foot columns that stand alone near the courthouse on Walnut and 8th street are all that remain of Boone County’s second courthouse.
By an act of the Legislature approved January 10, 1860, a Court of Common Pleas was created to be held at Sturgeon. The first term convened July 16, 1860, and the first terms of Court were held in the Masonic Hall located over the Methodist Church.
Men barrel rolling in contest at Odd Fellows picnic in Hallsville, Mo
1936 ice storm
Ice houses were common in Rocheport. Ice was cut from the river and creek each winter and used the rest of the year. Used by permission of State Historical Society of Missouri.
801 E Walnut St., Rm 333
Columbia MO 65201-7732
T: (573) 886-4307
Create an Event
Terms & Conditions
Boone County Bicentennial Celebration © 2019 - All Rights Reserved